This watermelon salad is bright and fresh on a hot day. It incorporates the acidity of freshly squeezed lime juice, a little salt, and the freshness of mint to contrast a juicy and sweet watermelon. The cayenne gently hits your tongue and is a great add-in.
- 6 cups seedless watermelon cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, torn
- Kosher salt
- Cut watermelon into one-inch chunks.
- While the watermelon is on the board, season nicely with Kosher salt.
- In a large bowl mix the lime juice and cayenne pepper.
- Put the watermelon into the bowl, garnish with the mint and fold to incorporate the lime/cayenne mixture.
- Serve cold.