Pig Island is happy to announce its most recent roster of NYC chefs who will prepare and serve up 80 hogs sourced from Finger Lakes’ area farmers. From bone soup to pig head tacos to bacon sticky buns to vegetarian sides, Pig Island emphasizes food sourced directly from farms (not through a distributor) and introduces the food of up-and coming NYC chefs.
- Featuring pigs from Autumn’s Harvest Farm, 80 pigs served up by 20+ chefs.
- Confirmed chefs include Jacques Gautier (Palo Santo), Ryan Angulo of Buttermilk Channel, Joe Dobias (JoeDoe), John Stage (Dinosaur BBQ), Heather Carlucci-Rodriguez of Print, Josh Bowen (John Brown Smokehouse), Stefan Ching (The Clerkenwell), Jimmy Carbone of Jimmy’s No. 43, Chris Rendell and Ryan Butler (Mary Queen of Scots), Alan Bravaccini of San Rocco, George Weld (Egg Restaurant), Trina Hahnemann (Neuman’s Catering, guest chef from Denmark), Cathy Erway, King Phojanakong (Kuma), Cody Utzman (Papacitos Brooklyn), Adam Schop (Nuela), Michael Ferraro (Delicatessen), William Horowitz and Greg Grossman (Ducks Eatery), Peter Giannakis (Ovelia), Ethan Smith (Hecho en Dumbo), Andy Yang of Rhong-Tiam, Eduard Frauneder and Wolfgang Ban (Edi and the Wolf), Michael Jenkins of The Darby, Nate Courtland (iCi), Mary Cleaver (The Cleaver Co.), and Brent Sims of The Green Table.
- Craft beer will feature Sixpoint Craft Ales, wine from Brooklyn Oenology and soft drinks provided by G.U.S. and Plan Tea Beverages.
- Blue grass and traditional music by local musicians.
- $40 vegetarian ticket (all you can drink and veggie sides) for friends who don’t eat meat!
Taking place on September 10th from 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. at historic Colonel’s Row on Governors Island, Pig Island is an all-local event, featuring farmers, chefs, brewers and vintners, bringing the best of New York State to New York City. A special cooking demonstration and giveaway from Wüsthof will include a carving and knife skills demo with butchers Adam Tiberio (Tiberio Custom Meats), iCi, King Phojanakong, Ryan Angulo, and Cathy Erway. Co-hosted by Michael Colameco, host of PBS Channel 13’s Colameco’s Food Show, Pig Island will benefit Food System Network NYC. Additional sponsors include DNAinfo with community partners Earth Matters, Kingsborough Community College Culinary Program and Teen Battle Chef.
More details and tickets are available at pigisland.com.